Brew City Main | BCFA Teams | FA Cup | League Cup | Miklos Feher Cup | John Thomson Cup | Nationwide Super Cup | NPL History | Mug’O’Suds | MFLS Fantasy League | MFLS Prediction League | MFLS Champions League | MFLS Cup Winners Cup | Cup #8247 | Paper Cup
The Mug’O’Suds Invitational is an elite early-season tournament involving teams from the Brew City FA, as well as from other MFLS leagues. Teams are seeded based on their achievements over previous MFLS seasons. The more honors, the bigger they are, and the more recent they are, the higher a team will be seeded. Higher seeded teams get higher priority for invitations (if more teams accept than there are slots).
- Goals: Teams score one goal for each real-life goal scored by their players. Only starters are counted.
- Play-In Stage: If more than 24 teams accept invitations, the top 16 teams automatically qualify for the group stage. The remaining teams must play-in. The structure of the play-in round will vary depending on how many teams accepted invitations, but each tie is a single match. Most goals advances. If the teams draw, the winner will be determined, in order, by 1) least goals given-up by the keepers, 2) total team PKs, 3) total team assists, 4) quiz question, 5) coin flip.
- Group Stage: Six groups of four teams. Starting in 2011, each team plays the others of its group once (not twice as previously), neutral site. Three group points for a win; one group point for a draw. Ties in group standings are broken, in order, on 1) group goal difference, 2) group goals for, 3) head-to-head goal difference, 4) quiz question, 5) coin flip.
- Knockout Rounds: The top two teams in each group, plus the four best third place teams, go through. A blind draw is held to determine the first round matchups. Each round is contested over a two-leg home & away series. The team with the most aggregate goals advances. Aggregate draws are broken on away goals. If the teams are level on away goals, the winner will be determined, in order, by 1) least goals given-up by the keepers, 2) total team PKs, 3) total team assists, 4) quiz question, 5) coin flip.
- Cup Final: A single-leg contest. The team with the most goals is the champion. In the case of a draw, the winner will be determined, in order, by 1) least goals given-up by the keepers, 2) total team PKs, 3) total team assists, 4) quiz question, 5) coin flip.
- Qualifies For: The champion qualifies for this year’s Cup Winners Cup and next year’s Mug’O’Suds Invitational.
|2012 Teams (tentative)|
|2011||FC Bayern Tampa||Bob Sellers||All-American Premier League|
|2010||SDFC Macross||Kerry Kaszak||USA vs World|
|2009||unclean sheets||Matt Bogan||The Nordecke Crew Fans|
|2008||unclean sheets||Matt Bogan||CrewFan Premiership|
|2007||Mohawks||Todd Bevan||Nationwide Premier League|
|2006||Aviators||Hal Jones||Brew City FA|
|2005||Aviators||Hal Jones||Brew City FA|
|2004||Real Santa Fe||John Stick||All American Premier League|
|2003||Poplar Point United||Ben Wright||Soccer America’s Graffiti|
|2002||Top Shelf||David Thomas||Brew City FA|
|2001||beggar||Tom Weible||MFLS Champions|
|2000||MurphDogs||Brian Baxter||Brew City FA|