Brew City Main | BCFA Teams | FA Cup | League Cup | Miklos Feher Cup | John Thomson Cup | Nationwide Super Cup | NPL History | Mug’O’Suds | MFLS Fantasy League | MFLS Prediction League | MFLS Champions League | MFLS Cup Winners Cup | Cup #8247 | Paper Cup
The Paper Cup was a late-season tournament open to all MFLS sides which have never wonanything. Zip, zilch, zero, nada. Your team might suck, it might be mediocre, or it may be halfways decent but have had horrible luck. While only hardware-less teams may enter, doing well is still the key to winning the Paper Cup. (Stacking your team with crappy players will still win you nothing.) The Paper Cup is a late season cup because we have to make sure you haven’t won anything during the current season. (Teams in the current Cup Winners Cup obviously do not qualify; teams in other ongoing cups are also excluded until eliminated.)
Now there are so many BCFA Fantasy Leagues, with Tom, Dick and Harry playing in them that the Paper Cup has been superfluous. They are all paper cups.
- Match Points: Teams score one match point for each MFLS fantasy point scored. Only starters are counted.
- Group Stage: Groups of 5 teams. Each team plays each other team once, with one bye week. 3 group points for a win, 1 group point for a draw. Ties in group standings are broken in order on match point difference, match points for, highest current overall MFLS score, then a coin flip.
- Knockout Rounds: Regardless of the number of groups, eight teams go through. A blind draw is held to determine the first round matchups. Each round is a single-leg. The team with the most match points advances. In the case of a draw, the winner will be determined, in order, by least goals given-up by the keepers, total team PKs, total team assists, then a coin flip.
- Cup Final: A single-leg contest. The team with the most match points is the champion. In the case of a draw, the winner will be determined, in order, by least goals given-up by the keepers, total team PKs, total team assists, then an ultimate tie-break quiz question.
- Qualifies For: The champion qualifies for next year’s Mug’O’Suds Invitational.
|2004||Alpine Dream||David Kilman||USA vs World|