Brew City Main | BCFA Teams | FA Cup | League Cup | Miklos Feher Cup | John Thomson Cup | Nationwide Super Cup | NPL History | Mug’O’Suds | MFLS Fantasy League | MFLS Prediction League | MFLS Champions League | MFLS Cup Winners Cup | Cup #8247 | Paper Cup
Starting in 2009, the NPL FA Cup trophy will become the new Brew City FA Cup trophy. The old Brew City FA Cup trophy will be retired after 2008.
In finest open cup tradition, the Brew City FA Cup is open to all current Brew City sides. Teams are seeded based on based on their standing in the Brew City Fantasy League at the time FA Cup competition commences.
- Qualifying: Because only 28 teams get in, while there are 30 teams in Brew City, only the top 28 teams qualify for the FA Cup. Qualifying is based on position in the MFLS division table. Ties in standings are broken, in order, on 1) goals (including PKs), 2) assists, 3) + (plus) column, 4) quiz question, 5) coin flip.
- Match Points: Teams score one match point for each MFLS fantasy point scored. Only starters are counted.
- Group Stage: Seven groups of four teams. One head-to-head, “neutral site”, match against each other team in the group. Three group points for a win; one group point for a draw. Ties in group standings are broken, in order, on 1) group match point difference, 2) group match points for, 3) head-to-head match point difference, 4) quiz question, 5) coin flip.
- Knockout Rounds: The top two teams in each group, plus the two best third place teams, go through. A blind draw is held to determine the first round matchups. Each round is contested over a two-leg home & away series. The team with the most aggregate match points advances. Aggregate draws are broken on away match points. If the teams are level on away match points, the winner will be determined, in order, by 1) least goals given-up by the keepers, 2) total team PKs, 3) total team assists, 4) quiz question, 5) coin flip.
- Cup Final: A single-leg contest. The team with the most match points is the champion. In the case of a draw, the winner will be determined, in order, by 1) least goals given-up by the keepers, 2) total team PKs, 3) total team assists, 4) quiz question, 5) coin flip.
- Qualifies For: The champion qualifies for this year’s Cup Winners Cup and next year’s Mug’O’Suds Invitational.
|2011||Phoenix TS||Michael Thomas|
|2010||Cánicas A.C.||Luis Cabo|
|2009||Weirder Bremen||Fred Turk|
|2008||Phoenix TS||Michael Thomas|
|2007||Phoenix TS||Michael Thomas|
|2005||Sehome Mariners||Shane Haas|
|2004||Top Shelf||David Thomas|
|2003||Midnights Children||Jay Jones|
|2002||Phoenix TS||Michael Thomas|
|1999||Guinness Gulpers FC||Mike Closson|