The primary purpose of a group is to associate a bomber with a particular air force, for the purpose of determining what missions are available for the bomber to fly.
Name: Scrolling through the list of names will open the unit history for the listed group. Other than adding a new group, name cannot be modified.
Commander: A change of command may be performed by choosing another commander from the list.
Base: The group may be transferred between the 8th (England) and 15th (Italy) Air Forces by clicking the base button.
Unit History: Lists the units sorties, kills, casualties and awards.
Default: Indicates that the group is a default unit. Default groups cannot be deleted. The default groups are:
- 455th Bomb Group: The default group for Italy. The 455th was home to the Dakota Queen.
- 6 Group: A default group for England. 6 Group was home to KB726.
- 91st Bomb Group: A default group for England. The 91st led the assault on Schweinfurt on August 17, 1943, and was home to the Memphis Belle.
- To add a group, overwrite the current group’s name, then select commander and base, then click the Add button.
- Only the group’s commander and base may be updated.
- A group can not be deleted if it has assigned squadrons. Each squadron must be deleted or assigned to a different group before the group may be deleted. Default groups can not be deleted.
- No restriction, other than common sense, is placed on what ranks may hold what command billets. Likewise on the number of groups or squadrons an airman may command.
|Generate Mission||Group Maintenance||Mission|