One of two methods for assigning airmen to a bomber. (The other is by changing assignment on the Airman Maintenance screen.) There are thirteen possible positions for the three major types of bombers. Only the pilot, navigator, engineer and radio operator are found in all bomber makes and models. Only the positions appropriate to the bomber’s type are visible.
- Pilot: All aircraft.
- Co-Pilot: All aircraft except the Avro Lancaster.
- Bombardier: All aircraft except the YB-40.
- Navigator: All aircraft.
- Engineer: All aircraft. (Referred to as a Flight Engineer on the Avro Lancaster.)
- Radio Operator: All aircraft. (Referred to as a Wireless Operator on the Avro Lancaster.)
- Nose Gunner: B-24G through -M models and YB-40 only.
- Mid-Upper Gunner: YB-40 and Avro Lancaster. On the YB-40 he mans the midships top turret, while the engineer mans the forward top turret. (Also referred to as a “Mid-Top Gunner”.)
- Port Waist Gunner: B-17s and YB-40 only.
- Stbd. Waist Gunner: All aircraft except the Avro Lancaster. (Referred to as merely the Waist Gunner on B-24s.)
- Ball Gunner: All aircraft except the Avro Lancaster. (Includes tunnel, ball turret and floor-ring gunners.)
- Tail Gunner: All aircraft except the B-17C. (Includes tail turret and stinger gunners.)
- Ammo Stocker: YB-40 only.
OK Button: Commits the crew changes, or the current crew if there were no changes. The OK button is only visible on the Assign Crew Dialog. (It does not appear on the Default Crew or Last Crew Dialogs.)
Cancel Button: Back out to the Bomber Maintenance screen without committing any changes.
Help Button: Pop up this help file.
- To transfer an airman between aircraft, change his assignment on the Airman Maintenance screen. If another airman occupies the position on the next bomber, then the other airman is automatically sent to admin duty.
|Bomber Maintenance||Crew Assignment||Generate Mission|